CS Friend Program
EMPLOYERS BENEFIT FROM NEW CS FRIEND PROGRAM
The CS Friend program is a unique opportunity for industry partners to connect with computer science (CS) students and researchers at Stony Brook University. Several options exist for CS Friends to have special access and to share their insight with students, faculty, and department administration.
PROGRAM BENEFITS – Based on the level of participation, employers choose from the following benefits:
- RECOGNITION - Your company logo will be featured in the new CS building on the CS Friend display wall and lobby monitors (benefit to all participants)
- EXPERIENCE a full day in CS any way you like; e.g., meeting students, presenting, talking with faculty
- RECRUIT via two job announcements per semester sent from CS to 1700+ students and posted to our website
- COLLABORATE on research and grant opportunities
- CONSULT WITH faculty at a preferred rate
- SHAPE THE VISION of the department by becoming a CS Advisory Board member
- CHOOSE A SPONSORSHIP opportunity for the department’s annual CS TECH day
- SPONSORED faculty liaison as your key CS department contact
- ENDOWED CHAIR naming consideration
- PROMOTE your company with a feature article on the CS website
- ACCESS graduate courses that explore company-driven projects
PARTICIPATION LEVELS – Select the level of participation that is right for your company*
- MB Friend - $5,000/year; Choose 2 program benefits (in addition to RECOGNITION)
- GB Friend - $10,000/year; Choose 3 program benefits (in addition to RECOGNITION)
- TB Friend - $50,000/year; Receive all of program benefits + host a weekend event
*Note: If a company donates equipment or funds faculty research that is valued at 4x a participation level, then they are automatically a CS Friend for the year and receive benefits of the corresponding level.
Annual program memberships begin on August 1 so don’t wait to sign up. To become a CS Friend or if you have questions, email Christine Cesaria, christine [at] cs.stonybrook.edu" style="line-height: 1.6;">christine [at] cs.stonybrook.edu.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2015-2016 CS FRIENDS