How Do I Add a Gmail Account to My Android Device (v4.0+)
- Open the Settings app for your phone or tablet.
- Find the Accounts section.
- Touch Add account.
- Select Google as the type of account.
- Choose Existing to sign in to an account you already have.
- Type your full email address.
- Type your password and touch the right arrow to sign in. If you use 2-step verification, you’ll go through a special sign-in process after this.
- Finish going through the last couple screens and the Gmail app is ready to go.
Open the Gmail app, touch the Gmail icon or swipe from the left edge of the screen, and select your account from the list.