Installing the the Toshiba E-Studio 5516AC Copier on MacOS
1. Install the driver by connecting to a department share by using the following instructions.
1A. Open Finder, Click Go and click Connect to Server
1B. Next to Server Address, enter “smb://printserv01.cs.stonybrook.edu/drivers” and click on Connect.
1C. When prompted for credentials you need to enter your CS account username/password. The format for the username is “cs\username”. You can save your credentials to your keychain for later use.
1D. Click on the Toshiba Folder and then click on the MacOS Driver Folder.
E. Copy the driver package to your local machine and install.
2. Open System Preferences and click on Printers and Scanners. Click on the“+” button.
3. Add the Advanced Icon to your toolbar if it does not already exist. Press the Control key and Click empty gray space on the toolbar. Select Customize Toolbar.
3A. Drag the Advanced icon to your toolbar and click done.
4. Click on Advanced. Make sure the Type is “Windows printer via spoolss” and the URL is set to either “smb://printserv01.cs.stonybrook.edu/PR203H-TOS”for the copier in NCS203H or “smb://printserv01.cs.stonybrook.edu/PR254-TOS” for the copier in NCS254. Enter the appropriate Name that you wish to call the printer. Click Choose Driver, and then click Select Software and choose the TOSHIBA ColorMFP driver. Click the Add button to install the machine.
5. Select the drop down box for Model Selection and select TOSHIBA e-STUDIO7516ACSeries. Select the drop down box for Finisher and select Finisher (2 Trays +1 Fixed Tray). Select the drop down box for Hole Punch Unit and select 2/3 Holes. Select the drop down box for Drawers and select Drawer 1,2 & Drawer 3,4. Select the dropdown box for External LCF and select Installed. Click Ok to complete the installation.
Note: You can use the following printer names to connect to any printer in the CS department using this method. Graduate Students have the ability to print to PR356-KM754E Only.
** You can use the following printer names to connect to any ** printer in the CS department using this method. Graduate Students have the ability to print to PR356-HP Only.